- Building relationships with the children
- Taking experiences and learning from them
- Making the classroom a safe place
- Interacting with all the children and parents
- Teaching to the students different needs and abilities
- Teaching topics the students will be engaged in
- I have learned a lot in my first semester at the university. with my ECS 100 field placement I have learnt that it is important to respect the teachers you are working with and to always have a positive attitude going into the classroom. Having a positive attitude in the classroom with effect the way students learn from you and will effect how you teach towards the children. working in the classroom has taught me that teachers put a lot of work into how the classroom is set up and what goes into planning a lesson. It is always important to have different teaching methods ready because there will always be one or two kids that need extra help or need to take a different approach to the lesson. Overall I have learnt and can take away that it is always important to put the student first in the classroom and to always have an open-mind about learning methods and that it is okay to receive help from fellow teachers.